Healthyway recently posted an article about why CBD-infused foods are so popular and ways to make them yourself! While some people may not know what CBD is, there are many more who ask if CBD can be infused with any food products. If you're not too familiar with CBD, it is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis that has shown great promise in reaping potential health benefits. CBD extracted under the Hemp Pilot Research Program is legal in all 50 states and can be purchased from Medterra here! There are many ways to infuse CBD into your daily routine, from using CBD oil or CBD isolate, there are many recipes online that others have concocted.
"Noren is a fan of Medterra, whose products are all natural, GMO free, and tested by a third party lab, she says. She likes Medterra MedOil CBD Tincture ($49.95 for 500 milligrams) because it’s flavorless. Noren also says that Medterra’s CBD oil has lines on the dropper so that you can mete out your dose accurately when making CBD-infused foods."
Below is a recipe from the Healthyway article that lists all of the instructions you need to create a delicious CBD-infused fruity smoothie!
A Quick and Easy CBD-Infused Smoothie
Ready to play chef and prepare some CBD-infused foods yourself? Give Noren’s CBD-infused smoothie recipe a whirl. It can be customized with different fruits depending on your taste, or eaten as a bowl with extra fruit arranged on top or folded in.
- 1 cup frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt (opt for yogurt with a fat content—no non-fat for this recipe!)
- ½ cup packed spinach
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. milk (whatever kind you prefer)
- Desired dose of CBD (2.5 mg is a good starting point for beginners)
- Place all ingredients into the blender and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a mug or bowl.
- Enjoy your delicious CBD-infused smoothie.