How Does a CBD Pen Work?A CBD pen works by using the battery to heat the CBD oil in the heating chamber, also known as the prefilled oil cartridge, that produces vapor that is inhaled through the mouthpiece. The majority of vape pens are built the same way. Vape pens are typically made up of the following:
- Battery: This is the biggest part of the pen and power the entire device.
- Heating Chamber: This is where the CBD oil is heated to produce the vapor. It sits between the battery and the mouthpiece.
- Mouthpiece: This is where you pull the vapor from.
- Charger: This is used to charge your CBD vape pen. It typically comes in a micro USB charger.
Choosing the Right CBD Vape PenShopping for the right CBD vape pen is no small feat. First, there’s knowing how to even use CBD oil in a vape pen and if CBD oil can be vaped. Then, deciding if you want disposable or rechargeable? Oil cartridges or pods? When it comes time to buy a CBD vape pen, it pays to know what you’re looking for. Here are the options you can choose from.
- Disposable CBD Vape Pens: These consist of a battery, heating chamber, mouthpiece, and prefilled and preloaded CBD oil. Typically, these provide 100 or so puffs before empty.
- CBD Oil Cartridges: These are tiny prefilled CBD oil tanks that need to be connected to a battery and mouthpiece to be vaped. These are ideal for users with a vape pen already at home.
- Refillable CBD Vape Pens: These contain a battery that is attached to a vape tank with an internal coil that allows you to fill up your vape pen with your own CBD oil. These require the most maintenance because you have to change the coil and clean the tank.
5 Steps on How to Use a CBD Oil in a Vape Pen
- Make sure your vape pen is fully charged and turned off.
- Connect your CBD oil cartridge to your vape pen by slowly twisting it to the top of the heating chamber.
- Turn the device on by clicking the power button. Depending on the vape pen device, you may click until it turns green or blue. Or, you may need to click the button a certain amount of times.
- Pull the CBD oil through the mouthpiece of your vape pen and inhale. Start with small draws as the device begins to heat up. And, again, depending on your vaping device, you may need to hold the button down as you pull.
- Exhale the vapor.